Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Princess

"A wedding fit for royalty," her father boldly declared.

"Thank you, Father, for the sentiment, but my fiance is not a prince and his parents do not sit on a throne.  A simple wedding, Father."

Her gown was royal style -

Couture design

Lace long sleeves, satin fitted shape, Swarovski crystals lining the sweetheart neckline, silk veil accenting the long length of the train, breathtaking white.

Her engagement ring was royal style -

Exclusive design

Princess cut with white gold band and sparkling diamonds surrounding a striking emerald stone set in the middle.

She was not royalty, though, and made such notion clear to her father.  Her wedding was not royal as her father was paying for what was a simple ceremony.  Her in-law family was not royal, again made clear to her father.

On the day of her wedding -

Knock, knock

"Come in," she called out as she fixed the finishing touches to her hair.

"A gift from your fiance, honey."

"Thank you, Father."

"You are beautiful and precious, sweetheart.  We may not be royal, but I will forever be honored to walk my little princess down the aisle on her magical wedding day."

"I love you, Father."

A sweet smile from both.  He left to give her privacy in opening the gift.

An intricate white box with royal embossed letterhead attached by light peach organza ribbon.

'My lovely princess,

I love you with all of my heart and soul.  You are my life.  On this our wedding day, may this gift to you be a token of how much you mean to me.

Always,

Prince Michael'

She was speechless.

The gift - a pearl- and diamond-encrusted tiara once worn by the queen of his family's origins.

She never knew.

He is royal.  The wedding will be royal.

She truly is a princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment