Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Author's Note : Life as a blogger

My journey as a blogger began in 2010.

In 2010, I was aware of the world of blogging but did not own a blog.  I was quite intrigued by the concept and considered professional support.  The latter went under for reasons I shall not bore you with.  And so I explored the Internet and came across Blogger.  I was floored by what Blogger had to offer.

In April 2010, I launched my very first blog.  I did not fully understand the concept of "niche," so my blog was personal in nature.  I discovered Google AdSense and in fact earned my first few dollars on my first blog.  Viewership began to slow down after a few months and I sadly deleted my first ever blog...but not without possible consideration for a new blog project.

In May 2010, I launched my first niche blog - Set List.  Anything music defines Set List, from any genre to any musician to any band to any musical outlet.  To date, Set List is my most successful blog.  If inclined, follow the Set List link to explore.

When viewership in my first blog began to decline, I explored Blogger gadgets to regain momentum.  I soon discovered The Daily Puppy.  I fell in love in a heartbeat and added the gadget to my blog.  The Daily Puppy did not necessarily further the cause, but did lead to a new blog project -
Puppy Love.  Puppy Love posts covered the history of dog breeds, best means of care for the many types of breeds, and ideal playtime with the many types of dogs.  I launched Puppy Love in November 2010 and posted frequently for a number of years.  Some time ago, I took a break from Puppy Love to write Bedtime Tails - a short story series inspired by Puppy Love.  Bedtime Tails consisted of ten stories featuring personally favorite breeds.  Each story touched on the history of the given breed in a fiction setting.  Bedtime Tails remains unpublished, but will always be special to me.

In August 2014, I signed on as a Merchandiser with the fashion jewelry brand, Chloe + Isabel.  I am not a natural saleswoman and sadly left in 2017.  However, the concept behind Chloe + Isabel stuck with me and inspired my third niche blog, Haute Couture.  Haute Couture is anything fashion, from affordable looks for the everyday woman to couture looks just to be admired.  Anything fashion includes women's apparel, beauty, accessories, and so much more.  Posts are defined by my work on Polyvore - an online source for expressing personal interest in fashion, beauty, home, and so much more.  To date, Haute Couture is tied with Set List for the most success in viewership and published posts.  If inclined, follow the Haute Couture link to explore.

And so this post brings me to my newest niche blog, Couture Tales - a blog featuring short story fiction inspired by the haute couture theme.

To conclude, my journey began in 2010 and will certainly continue on.

No comments:

Post a Comment