Friday, April 6, 2018

Author's Brief - My Polyvore Story

My Polyvore story began in 2014.  

In August 2014, I signed on as a Merchandiser with the fashion brand, Chloe + Isabel.  After some time, I launched a blog as a means of promotion for my small business.  I did not feel that a blog was best to settle with.  Cue Polyvore.

I discovered Polyvore through fellow Merchandisers with accounts.  Polyvore was an online community where users could share creative sets in any way they felt inspired.  Women's fashion, men's fashion, home decor, beauty, art, personal expression.  I fell in love after just my first set.  

I was considered a Style Spotter for some time while I built up a backlog of sets.  My work was initially focused on promoting Chloe + Isabel jewelry on hand in the Polyvore collection.

I soon became a Style Setter as my sets expanded to women's fashion beyond Chloe + Isabel.  I also dabbled in men's fashion as well.  At this point, I was hooked.

I dedicated hours and days and weeks to reach the coveted title of Style Icon.  By now, I moved on from Chloe + Isabel to growing interest in couture women's fashion.  

I began working with couture designer names beginning with Diane von Furstenberg, Alexander McQueen, and Chanel.  The list quickly grew to designers and brands I considered haute couture - claiming price tags untouchable to the everyday woman (and man for some sets).

My Polyvore work inspired a new blog - Haute Couture.  Haute Couture inspired collaboration with the affiliate company, ShopStyle Collective.  I was hooked.  At this point, I was self-teaching myself the world of fashion.

My Polyvore sets and Haute Couture posts were unstoppable, daily to be exact.

Until one fateful day - April 5, 2018.

Polyvore shut down and has been taken over by SSense, an online couture shopping community.

My Polyvore story did not have a happy ending.  

My Polyvore story crashed with a devastating and heartbreaking ending.

I feel blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment