Monday, March 26, 2018

Cowgirl Fashionista


Jill was a typical cowgirl, tending to cattle on her family's sprawling ranch.  She was content to be a tom girl.  T-shirts, jeans, and sneakers comprised her wardrobe.  The only girly item she had was rose lip gloss she once bought when last she visited her sister in the city.  She didn't need makeup to blush, though, for one reason.

He was handsome and a manly man.  He was always on a horse when stopping by her ranch.

"Hi Jill."

"Hi Mike."  A soft smile began to show on her face.

"I'm having drinks with some friends in the city tonight.  I would love for you to come."

Oh my gosh, is he asking me out?!

"I would love to, Mike.  What time should I meet you?  Oh!  And where?"

"Seven o'clock.  I can pick you up and we can go together if you want.

"Man it's a scorcher today." Mike proceeded to take his shirt off.

Oh my, Jill thought to herself.  A hint of blush dusted her cheeks.

"Yes, yes that would be fine."

"Great!  See you tonight!"

Jill made a beeline for the carriage house she rented from her parents and called her sister for fashionista advice.

"Ashley!  I need your fashion thoughts."

"Hey Jill!  Who's the guy?"

"Why.  Why would you automatically assume...Okay, his name is Mike."

"Wait.  Do you mean Mike O'Donald?"

"Yeah!  Yes.  How do you know him?"

"He's a part-time style advisor in the men's bespoke boutique two doors down from the coffee house I go to.  We run into each other all the time."

"He's a style advisor?  Why would he be on a ranch?"

"Oh yeah.  Mike trains horses to be service animals."

Fine body.  Great personality.  A manly man.  Friendly.  But fashion?

"Mike's job is just to pay the bills.  Don't worry, Jill.  He is totally perfect for you.  He is as much of a cowboy as you are a cowgirl.  So let's get you glammed up."

Ashley and Jill agreed that rose was a good shade on Jill, so varying shades of red was a good place to start.

Jill opted for a long red wool skirt and a long-sleeved blue velvet sequined-embellished blouse.

"What do you think?"

Oh my dear Jill, Ashley thought to herself.

"Okay Jill.  Go to Jess's Closet. There are really cute summer dresses that you could pair with canvas slip-on sneakers.  The boutique also has purses and jewelry.

"Let's see.  Um.  Oh, I know!  Get the stylish magenta-white camisole dress.  Your figure would look awesome in it.  And get the white chunky high heel shoes.  Make sure to get a pair of insoles so your feet will stay comfortable.  Let's see.  What else.  Jess's Closet has really cute and trendy bracelet-watch sets.  I love the pearl bracelet-cubic zirconia watch.  And look for magenta clutches.  Some come with removable straps.  Your call.

"Style your hair down with a magenta headband."

"Ashley, how on earth am I going to afford this outfit?  Jess's Closet can be expensive."

"Jill, I've been to Jess's Closet so often that they have my info on file.  They'll know who you are, so just mention me and they'll charge the bill to my account.

"Look, sis, you will be a stunning and adorable fashionista tonight.  Mike will be a fool not to want to go out with you again."

"Do you think he really likes me?"

"Are you kidding me?!  He talks about you all the time!  And showing off his bod...Oh yeah, he totally likes you."

"Cowgirl fashionista...awesome perks, huh?"

Jill and Ashley laughed and continued catching up.  Jill vowed to shop at Jess's Closet more often.

Cowgirl fashionista.

No comments:

Post a Comment