Sunday, March 25, 2018

M'O


She wasn't this type.  She was a good person with a strong respect for right and wrong.  She held a strong sense of karma.  She just...She wasn't this type.

He hushed millions of dollars under the table.  He had connections that kept him undercover - "safely" hidden from the law.  He was prepared in full with reasons dependent on the crime.  He was untouchable.  He was the type, he defined the type.  He knew his destiny and his karma, but he simply did not care.

On a warm summer evening, circumstances changed.

"Disengage the alarm, spray every security camera with black paint, cut off the price tags, remove the anti-theft tags, and fill the clothes in the bags.  What's not to understand woman?"

She understood his orders but could not figure out how she got roped into this haute heist.  She worked in this luxury boutique.  She came across as a lovely, innocent, and seemingly gullible woman.  She was sweet-talked into this haute heist with the promise of being given some of what was under the table.

"I get it.  I understand.  But won't the clothes wrinkle or otherwise get damaged?"

Wrinkle or damaged?  This was her main concern?

"I mean, I mean the clothes are couture.   They need special care!"

"Do I look like I care about the need for special care?!  This robbery is timed and I cannot believe I don't have an M'O yet!  Focus, focus.  What is the most expensive item?"

An intriguing question for the pair.

"Um..."

"Well?!"

"Um!  In the five figures.  Most of the clothes are in the four figures.  Are we stealing the jewelry too?"

"Yes!  Of course.  And the cost of the jewelry...?"

An intriguing question for the pair.

"Million range.  Six figure range.  Most of the pieces are in the five figure range."

"Mmm, numbers I like to hear..."

As long as the money was guaranteed under the table and never caught, she liked the numbers too.

"...So since you know the inventory so well, come up with our M'O."

"Um, well I could say..."

Sirens roared, blared, became quieter, and quieter, and silence.  Deafening police lights.  Busy law enforcement communication.

They were caught...perhaps.

She was nowhere to be found...neither were the clothes and jewelry.

"Sir, we received a call that the alarm to this boutique was tripped.  Do you happen to have a credible explanation as to why you happen to be here?"

He frantically looked around for her.  She never came up with a reason.

"Um, I, I...You know, I really don't know.  The woman can better explain.  I swear I'm innocent."

"The woman?  Sir, are you under any influence?  I don't see a woman."

"I'm fine!  I mean, no.  No, I am sober.  And I am not mentally ill either.  I swear there was a woman with me...uh oh."

"Okay, sir, you have the right..."

The robbery may not have been the crime of the century, but the sure thing crime at any rate fell apart in the most desperate of ways.  He now cared.

A quiet BMW engine was running in the alley behind the boutique.

"Hey girl.  You got out just in time.  Made me nervous how close the police were coming.  Where shall we go next?"

"I'm good for now.  This lot will look amazing in my boutique."

"Do you have a name yet by the way?"

"I've been thinking M'O.  Catchy, don't you think?"

The robbery was flawless for her and she did not care.  She was a genius.  She was a secret connection no one knew about.  She had plenty of reasons to get him out of trouble with the law, but she also just stole millions in fashion apparel and accessories.  Why would she keep him safe?

Her M'O - master operator with no reason needed.  She excelled.  She knew right robbery methods from wrong robbery methods.  She knew how to maintain positive karma.

She was the type.


No comments:

Post a Comment