Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Her Vow - A Love Story

Due affiliate disclosure

Her vow

My mother left me and my family when I was very young.  I did not have a female role model because my father never remarried.  With two brothers before me and two brothers behind me, I was very much a tom girl.  I did not know how to be feminine.  When I was in high school, the only dress I wore in the whole of the four years was for graduation...and even then, I felt uncomfortable.  Jeans and a tee gal.

When I met you, I saw you as a friend.  I did not feel the need to physically impress you by wearing "girly" clothes and "girly" makeup....although I was always intrigued by jewelry.

As I grew closer to you, I felt the need to be "girly" and rid my time as a tom girl.  I wanted simply to be a girl.  I shall forever cherish the wedding gift you gave to me...out of the many...just the night before.




Ruffle Sweater

When I fell in love with you, I vowed to myself that if we were to marry and have children, I would forever be a female role model to a daughter or just in general.  Being a role model is exceptionally important to me - to young men and to young women.

As I say "I do" in this vow, I am the girl I wish to be...not "girly," but simply feminine.

No comments:

Post a Comment