Saturday, April 28, 2018

By Her Side Series 2 - Mother of the Bride


"My precious Maria, I will always remember you playing dress up with my makeup and jewelry.  You tried so hard to fit into my clothes and heels.  So adorable!"

Mother and daughter laughed at the silly childhood memory.

"I still remember laying out your wedding gown and daydreaming wearing it someday on my wedding day."

"And now here you are - a daydream come true.  Lovely.  Absolutely lovely."

"As my mother - mother of the bride - you are lovely as well.  As my mom, you are timeless and classic in fashion.  You taught me well with all of the years you worked in the fashion industry.  I remember going to photo shoots with you and looking at the window displays when you were a visual merchandiser.  Do you remember sharing your first personal shopping trip with your very first client?  And your first styling session?"

Her mom lightly laughed and said,

"So many years ago and yes I still recall all of those many memories."

"Special memories passed down and to be treasured.  Mom, you are my inspiration.  You are my reason for being a fashion stylist.  Without your guidance, I would not be the person I am today, especially with  my career.

"Look how beautiful you are...dare say stealing the show," she said with a happy smile.

"Oh honey..."

Pastel pink satin fitted gown with pastel pink cashmere wrap.  Pastel pink suede kitten heels.  Sterling silver necklace with small but ornate silver locket...Inside, a photo of Maria's mother holding her daughter shortly after birth.  White rose corsage.  Dark blonde hair gathered into a bun with a clear crystal bun cuff.

Knock, knock

"Come in," Maria called out.

"Honey, it's time.  Oh look at you, my little angel."

"Daddy, you will make me cry..."

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment