Friday, April 27, 2018

By Her Side Series 1 - Maid of Honor


"You are so beautiful, Maria.  I am truly honored to be your maid of honor.

"And Christopher is so lucky.  I cannot imagine two people more perfect for each other, more meant to be, more in love, and more prepared for the journey of marriage.  I am certain, then, how happy and content married life will be for you two."

"I do love Christopher so much.  He will always be my soulmate.  I am so happy for me!"

The two laughed at Maria's eager exclamation.

"In all seriousness, though, you are beautiful too, Cindy.  And I should be so honored to have you by my side this evening.  You are my best gal pal..."

The two lifelong best friends lightly laughed at their special nickname, tears beginning to form at the corners of their eyes.

"Oh gosh, Maria, there goes our makeup."

"Oh no!  Oh I don't care.  Happy tears can ruin our makeup.  But you...you are a stunning maid of honor.  The dress you chose is breathtaking.  Navy blue is a gorgeous color on you."

Navy blue satin A-line dress with sweetheart neckline and wide straps.  Long silver heart pendant necklace.  Navy blue suede low heels.  White carnation and green leaf mix bouquet.  Long jet black hair styled with clear crystal bobby pins on either side.

If not for being maid of honor at her best friend's lavish wedding, she would be a breathtaking bride in her gown.  She knew she would impress her boyfriend, Dustin, of so many years when the ceremony was set to begin.  (He in fact was going to propose at the end of the reception.)

Knock, knock

"Come in," Maria called out.

"It's time," said her wedding planner.

Cue the violin.

"Congratulations, Maria.  I love you, best gal pal."

Cindy walked arm in arm with the best man down the aisle.

Today was Maria's day, but her maid of honor was by her side.

No comments:

Post a Comment