Sunday, April 15, 2018

Author's Note : Couture Tales Inspiration

My Couture Tales inspiration is many fold.  

I love to blog, I love to write fiction, and I am fascinated by couture fashion.

Life as a blogger and life as a creative fiction writer came about in the same year - 2010.  Strong interest in couture fashion came four years late.

Creative fiction and couture fashion drive the most impact on the launch of Couture Tales.

In 2010, I drafted a young adult fantasy fiction novel and children's short story anthology.  Although neither were picked up for publication, I still loved to write.  In 2012, I drafted poetry and stand alone short stories.  The market for both was exceptionally limited and my work did not stand out as much as I had hoped.  Nonetheless, I still loved to write.  Blogger is my best love for writing.

In 2014, I stumbled upon the fashion brand, Chloe + Isabel.  The jewelry and accessories left me in awe and I really wanted to be a part of the community.  I was accepted in a heartbeat.  My love for fashion grew from Chloe + Isabel and I was set when I found Polyvore.  I self-taught myself the world of fashion, from basic terminology to advanced studies of couture designer styles.  My interest turned into love and eventually into passion.  I dared to apply for stylist positions once I felt comfortable to justify my lack of formal training.  Although I did not land employment, my passion for couture fashion remained strong.  I felt that an outlet needed to be found to showcase my interest.

I turned to my roots in blogging where I could combine fiction with a fashion theme.

Chloe + Isabel and Polyvore inspired Couture Tales.  My love for fiction inspired Couture Tales.  My love for blogging provided the perfect format for writing and publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment