Thursday, May 24, 2018

Spring Blossom

Due affiliate disclosure


Charlotte Pendant Set (Navy)


They were happily in love from the first day they met.  They both knew on their first date that they were meant to be.  They just knew.  He proposed to her six months into their relationship.  She said yes before he asked as he knelt down on one knee.  She just knew.  They were young - 21 years of age and fresh out of college graduation.  They went from dorm room to a one-bedroom apartment as their first home.

They went from jeans and tee casual to upscale formal on this spring eve of their wedding.  The rehearsal was so grown up...a feeling they never really experienced.  The women were lovely in evening dresses and sparkling jewels.  The men were handsome in suits.


Kiyonna.com

A clink of champagne flutes as the best man rose from his seat to give a rehearsal toast.

"My toast was to include silly humor and serious moments about the couple and about my connection to them.  I realize now that what I want to say most is how honored I am to know the bride and groom and their blossoming love as soon to be husband and wife.  I have yet to know two people more deeply and profoundly in love with one another than these two.  I have yet to know two people more prepared for wedded bliss than these two.  I am forever honored to be a witness to pure and content love.

"Always my best wishes.  Congratulations to the bride and groom to be!"

Raised glasses and round of congratulations.

A clink of champagne flutes once more as the maid of honor rose from her seat to give a rehearsal toast.

"If I may be so bold to in this one moment steal the rehearsal, I am lucky to be here on this eve of a beautiful and romantic spring wedding.  I am lucky to be here for the bride.  You see, she is my older sister.  She is my best friend.  She has taught me so much about life.  She has taught me so much about love and to cherish who you have when you know.  I am 18 years old and am fully prepared to embark in collegiate level studies.  As I watch my sister marry her sweet heart, her soulmate, her prince, I too feel prepared when I should be so lucky as to find my one.  In the meantime, though, I am lucky to witness blossoming love and a blossoming forever future.

"I love you, sis.  And to my brother-in-law to be, I love you just as much.  As the best remarked, always my best wishes as well.  Congratulations to the bride and groom to be!"

Raised glasses and round of congratulations.

As the rehearsal came to a close and the couple was well wished by all in attendance, they stood hand in hand alone in the rented ballroom space and kissed sweetly...

...

"I now pronounce you husband and wife.  You may kiss your bride."

They were officially grown up on this beautiful and romantic spring blossom day.

2 comments:

  1. Love the last sentence! The writer wrote with such eloquence, I felt like I was at this rehearsal dinner as well!

    ReplyDelete