Thursday, May 10, 2018

Pencil In


"What is the status of the Bethany Foster pencil skirts?"

"The sky blue pencil skirt production and jet black pencil skirt production are complete and should arrive at the warehouse within the week."

"What about the charcoal grey pencil skirts?  They are the most in demand, Liza."

"Yes, I know boss.  They are currently in pre-production stage.  I can get sketches to you by the end of tomorrow if you would like."

"I do not want sketches, Liza.  I want charcoal grey pencil skirts in the warehouse as in yesterday."

"I - I - I don't know what to say.  I do not know why there is such a delay."

"Get Bethany on the phone."

1-555-0513

"This is Bethany Foster."

"Hi, Bethany.  This is Mark Peterson from Couture Suite.  I am calling in reference to the charcoal grey pencil skirt design you have.  Do you have an estimated time in when the design will go into production?  Charcoal grey is in the most demand I should add."

"Hi Mark.  Do you have my sky blue and jet black designs?"

"Yes."

"Good.  The charcoal grey is not slated until next year's Fall/Winter season.  I am not sure why the demand is for this Fall/Winter season.  Are you thinking of..."

"Oh my goodness, you're right.  You debut two colors at a time.  Liza, who am I thinking of?"

"Um, Eden Rose I think."

"Um is never an acceptable word in this office, but yes, Eden Rose is who I am thinking of.  I am so sorry to bother you, Bethany."

"No worries."

"Liza, pencil in a conference call with Eden Rose this afternoon at four o'clock.  She is in California during this season, so the three hour time difference shouldn't be a problem.  Stay on this call as well, Liza."

"On it boss."

Four o'clock

1-555-1925

"This is Eden Rose."

"Hi Eden.  This is Mark Peterson from Couture Suite.  I am calling in reference to the charcoal grey pencil skirt design you have.  Do you have an estimated time in which the design will go into production?  Charcoal grey is in the most demand I should add."

"My charcoal grey design.  My charcoal grey design..."

Shuffling of sketch pad papers.

"Oh!  Here it is.  Yes, the sketch is complete and I have forwarded it to the production team."

"Great.  When can we estimate a completion date?"

"I am sorry, but I cannot say.  I just forwarded the sketch this morning."

"Eden, you are killing me."

"I"m sorry, Mark.  I don't know how to relieve your stress.  I can send a rush production order, if that helps."

"Yes please.  Thank you for your time, Eden."

"You are more than welcome."

"Liza, let's pencil in a meeting with Marketing tomorrow morning at nine o'clock."

Tomorrow morning - nine o'clock

"Okay everyone.  The Bethany Foster sky blue pencil skirts and jet black pencil skirts will be in the warehouse by the end of the week.  They need to hit store displays next Monday.  As you know, she only debuts two colors at a time, so look books need to be on par with her style.  The charcoal grey pencil skirts are from Eden Rose, not Bethany Foster, and they unfortunately went into production yesterday...a huge problem for expecting customers.  Please, please tell me you guys haven't gone through promotional material."

Silence

"Oh no," he held his head low.

"We haven't published the materials yet, though."

"Really?!"

"Liza, pencil in a vendor lunch for today.  A sigh of relief is in order."

Rush production for the Eden Rose charcoal grey pencil skirt shipped sooner than expected, arrived at the warehouse sooner than expected, and hit store displays just as the Marketing department published promotional detail to announce to the public.

Relief behind the scenes.  Eager customers.  Major commissions for employees behind the registers with the charcoal grey pencil skirts selling fast.

"Liza, pencil in a Friday social.  We have something to celebrate."

"Yes boss."

No comments:

Post a Comment