Monday, May 28, 2018

Autumn Leaves

Due affiliate disclosure



Charlotte Pendant Set - Lilac
Stella & Dot

The peak of summer in the dead of August was brutally hot in the Southwestern desert.  They were both born and raised in New York City and when they met, fell in love, and found themselves in a serious relationship, they moved in together.  So did they end up in the brutally hot Southwestern desert in the dead of August?

"I cannot believe your company chose this region for your sales position.  Will this summer ever end?" said a very frustrated Rachel.

"Neither can I, but at least the salary is better," said Henry in a very unconvincing laugh.

They would take heat and humidity over oven-baked heat any day.

"Hey, why don't we watch When Harry Met Sally?  We can melt over the Autumn season scenes," said Henry in the hopes of cheering up his miserably feeling girlfriend.

"Oh all right," said Rachel as she collapsed into the section of the sofa just under the living room fan.

Henry had a secret behind his movie suggestion that had been in the back of his mind for a good month.  Rachel's birthday was in July, but the secret was in no way a belated gift.

As they watched the Autumn season backdrop, Henry paused the DVD...

"Why did you pause?"

...dropped to one knee and proposed.

She was speechless.  They were committed to each other, but she assumed they were not ready for marital commitment.

"I will always remember when we met.  We were jogging in different directions in Central Park, in the brisk Autumn weather, and as I was too busy scrolling through my iPod and not paying attention, I accidentally ran into you.  You weren't terribly hurt, but said,

'We seem to have run into each other for the same reason.  What were you listening to?'

"You didn't complain about any pain or possible injury.  You didn't get angry that a stranger ran into you.  You just began a conversation.  I love you so much for that part of your personality.

"If you say yes, I have another surprise for you."

She cleared her nervous throat and said,

"Um - um...What would that be?"

"My company told me just the other day that I am their best pharmaceutical salesman and want to promote me - with significant raise - to any of their offices of my choosing within the U.S."

"Gosh, I hate to say this, but we just moved here in May.  Packing, unpacking, settling in."

"I know, I know, but there is an availability in New York."

She briefly stared at him and then exclaimed,

"Seriously!  Oh my gosh!"

"Do you want to pack up and move?  Get out of nature's oven?"

"Yes! ... And yes!  I will marry you!"

Two months later, they were home - a newly purchased brownstone in Manhattan.  Two months later, crisp Autumn weather settled in to great relief.  Two months later, they were married - he in a formal suit and tie and she in a simple wedding dress.




They held hand in hand in a historic chapel in the city, before the chaplain, and said,  "I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment